Cooking eggs sous-vide gives you complete control over temperature and texture. With Mellow and our in-app chef you’ll have delicious suggestions just a click away. Schedule your eggs to be ready first thing in the morning, just in time for brunch, or done by dinnertime.
- Buy fresh eggs with a long expiration date; fresher eggs means your egg whites will be nice and firm. When possible, buying organic AA grade eggs will always yield best results.
- Place the whole egg (in-shell) inside Mellow’s reservoir, no bag needed.
- In the Mellow App, select Soft Poached Eggs or Hard Boiled Eggs, the size of your egg, how you’d like your egg cooked (soft poached only) and schedule when you want it done.
- When your eggs are done cooking, be sure to remove them immediately from the water bath.
Soft poached eggs results based on your App preference
You’ll get a perfect golden yolk and soft whites every time. Complement any number of dishes or make it the star of your meal, eggs are incredibly versatile. When finished cooking, crack your eggs to serve immediately.
1. Runny Yolk
2. Smooth Yolk
3. Creamy Yolk
4. Velvety Yolk
How to serve
1. Crack the egg
2. Apply a small amount of pressure
3. Gently pull away from both sides of the shell
4. Crack your cooked egg directly onto your plate or working surface
Want to get fancy?
1. Use any container or pot and fill it with a small amount of warm water which should be slightly cooler than Mellow's water bath. Crack your egg open gently into the water.
2. You’ll see that the runny bits of white will separate from the rest
3. Gently take it out and enjoy.
Hard Boiled Eggs
Be sure to only fill your Mellow to the minimum water line and remove the eggs immediately after cooking.
How to easily remove the egg shells
1. Take the egg out of Mellow and have a bowl with cold water ready next to you
2. Gently crack the bottom and top of the egg
3. Carefully crack the rest of the shell
4. Fully submerge in the water and start peeling the top first to remove the thin colorless membrane first.
5. Peel the rest of the shell
6. Remove from water bowl
7. Cut in half and enjoy :)