Cleaning and caring for Mellow is pretty straight forward. To clean, just use mild dish soap with a soft sponge. Never put Mellow in the dishwasher. Ok now for the not so fine print, fine print:
How to Clean your Mellow
- Do not remove the water immediately after use. Allow the water to cool down.
- Never put your Mellow in the dishwasher.
- To empty the container, use the handles and slowly pour the water into your sink.
- Dry interior with a soft, clean cloth.
- Periodically—or in the event of a cooking pouch rupture—you may need to clean the inside of the container. Use a soft cloth or sponge and mild soapy water to wipe out the interior of the container. Rinse thoroughly with clean water and then slowly pour the water out.
- Never immerse the unit in water or other liquid for cleaning or rinsing.
- Never use abrasives or harsh chemicals to clean your Mellow. Dish soap will do the trick!
- When you remove the container, the docking station (silver area) must be cleaned with extra caution to avoid surface damage, along with the bottom of the container itself (pink area). Always allow docking station to cool before touching, it may be extremely hot!
- Do note place anything underneath Mellow or in front of it, so ensure air can flow properly.
- Use caution when removing the lid.
- Do not attempt to open the machine. This includes removing the grid at the bottom of the water bath. Tampering with the machine will void your warranty.
- Any other servicing should be performed by an authorized Mellow service representative.
1. Use a soft sponge and mild dish soap
2. Fill the tank with a little water and soap and gently clean the inside of the tank.
3. Carefully remove the water and rinse. Use a soft towel to dry the inside.