The first thing you need to know about the cooling feature is that it is a game changer! You can drop your ingredients before leaving to work and have dinner ready when you get home.
- Tips for optimizing Mellow’s Cooling feature.
- Is it safe to leave my food in Mellow while the water gets cold?
- Start with water in the reservoir at 58°F or lower. If your water temperature is higher than this initial temperature, please add ice cubes to speed up the cooling process. By doing so it will take a few minutes to go from room temperature to 58°F, plus it is a great way to improve the energy use!
- To optimize the cooling feature fill Mellow to the minimum water line mark and place your food packet inside. The ingredients should be fully submerged in the water. Add more water if needed to submerge, but do not fill past the maximum water line mark. Remember the more water the longer it takes to cool!
- Avoid placing Mellow under direct sunlight.
- Always ensure ingredients have been handled properly before cooking with Mellow. It is good practice to minimize the amount of time your ingredient stays outside of the refrigerator.
- When Mellow is in cooling mode, you may notice condensation on the container, this is totally normal.
Yes! Mellow is committed to customer satisfaction, food quality and safety, but as the user it starts with you! Handle food safely and start the cooling process with cold water. Used properly, the Mellow safely cools food within two hours to get it out of the “danger zone.” Starting with the water temperature that is too high (i.e., 70 degrees Fahrenheit) will delay cooling and should be avoided.