The first thing you need to know about the cooling feature is that it is a game changer! You can drop your ingredients before leaving to work and have dinner ready when you get home.
- Tips for optimizing Mellow’s Cooling feature.
- Is it safe to leave my food in Mellow while the water gets cold?
- When possible, start with cold water in the tank for a lower initial temperature and feel free to add ice cubes to speed up the cooling process.
- When filling Mellow with water, add in enough water to meet the minimum water line mark and place your food packet inside. The ingredients should be fully submerged in the water. Add more water if needed to submerge, but do not fill past the maximum water line mark.
- Avoid placing Mellow under direct sunlight.
- For safety reasons Mellow will not allow you to start cooking if the initial temperature is above 84ºF, so always start with cold water when possible (not applicable in Manual Mode).
- Always ensure ingredients have been handled properly before cooking with Mellow. It is good practice to minimize the amount of time your meat stays outside of the refrigerator.
- When Mellow is in cooling mode, you may notice condensation on the container, this is totally normal.
Yes! Mellow abides by all FDA Food Code standards to ensure the cooling feature safely handles your food at all times. Even if it takes a bit of time to cool the water, there is never a point where the food becomes unsafe to consume. As soon as you let Mellow know what time you want your food ready, it immediately goes into cooling mode.