Before You Start:
- Connect your phone to your home 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi Network (not a cellular network).
- You'll need to enter Wi-Fi password during set up, so be sure you have that handy.
- Download the Mellow App: On the App Store or Google Play.
1. Place the tank gently on top of the dock and plug Mellow into an electrical outlet.
2. Once plugged in, arrange your Mellow so you can view the back of the unit. You should see a flashing orange light indicating your Mellow is ready for pairing.
3. Sign into the Mellow App using Email or Facebook. If you have any issues, check out this helpful article I'm having trouble logging in.
4. Tap on the Connect button to start the pairing process. (If you have previously logged in and do not see this screen, just just tap on the More icon (bottom right, on main menu) and then Connect this Mellow).
5. Enter your WiFi password. Please note, if you enter your password incorrectly, you will still be able to move onto the next step in pairing. We currently do not validate the password until the end of the process.
6. Next, be sure you have access to the back of your Mellow and tap on Start Countdown. You'll have 5 seconds to place your phone flush agains the sensor so Mellow can pair with the App.
7. Place phone flush against the sensor and leave it there until your phone vibrates (about 20-30 seconds). If your phone doesn't vibrate, you can remove after 20-30 seconds.
8. Now you can name your Mellow and starting cooking! The sensor on the back should now flash in green. If Mellow was not able to pair, you'll be asked to try again. Most likely you entered your WiFi password incorrectly. Check out useful troubleshooting tips here: Mellow is not able to establish a connection or send us an email and we'll be happy to help you.
*If you are trying to pair an additional Mellow, tap on More icon (bottom right) > Settings > My Mellows > Pair new Mellow.